THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE Book Rental
Terms & Conditions
The following below are the terms that you agree to when or if you rent a textbook from THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE.
1. I am at least 18 years of age.
2. I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement with THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE of my own free will. I will return the Rented Materials to THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE.
3. Failure to Return: If I fail to return the Rented Materials by the Rental Return Due Date, or return them in unsaleable condition, I authorize THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE to charge the following Non-return Fees to my credit card on file: (1) 100% of the new book price plus tax, and (2) a processing fee of 20% of the new book price. New book price is based on the new book price at the time of rental. THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE is not responsible for reminding me of the Rental Return Date.
4. I will not “sell back” my Rented Materials / rented textbooks for cash at the Buy Back Counter. I understand that doing so will count as a Failure to Return (#3, above) and I will be charged Non-return Fees because Rented Materials are not mine to sell.
5. Conditions upon Return: Highlighting and writing in rented textbooks is permitted and acceptable. However, Rented Materials must be returned in complete and salable condition. This means the spine of the book and all pages are intact, there is no damage to the book, and all component parts of the book must be present. I am responsible for any loss or theft of the Rented Materials.
6. Card as Security: I will not cancel or exceed the purchasing limits of my credit card on file until the rented textbooks are either returned to THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE or the Non-return Fees are paid.
7. Refund: The General Bookstore’s standard refund policies apply.
8. Tax: Normal tax rates will apply.
9. Non Compliance: I understand that failure to comply with the above terms and conditions of this agreement will result in THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE taking all necessary legal actions to reclaim money lost including, but not limited to, my debt being turned over to an outside collection agency.
10. Return Receipt: I understand that upon returning rented materials to THE GENERAL BOOKSTORE that I will receive a receipt, and I will keep this receipt as proof of my rental return.
11. I will notify The General Bookstore, immediately, of any changes to my information provided in this agreement, including, but not limited to, current address, telephone number, email, and credit card information.
12. It is my own responsibility to ensure purchase of correct book and/or code.